Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare

Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare
by Patricia Polacco

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

FISt Impressions: The Eleventh Hour

FISt Impressions: The Eleventh Hour

If any of you ever has a moment of time to spare, or feels that there is a need to destress, then I encourage you to check out the book The Eleventh Hour by Graeme Base.

Although it at first seems like nothing more than a rhyming picture book, there is more to the book than first meets the eye. The large and elaborate illustration require in-depth investigation, especially once the main story (an elephant's birthday party) becomes a mystery (the readers must discover the thief of the party food). The pictures become especially important: the readers must use both the evidence from the coloured illustrations and encrypted messages to solve the mystery.

It is a delightful book for readers of all ages!

2 comments:

1311_FayeL said...

Hi Tina!

You should so post it up on your blog, if you can.

I thought it was cute too, that's why I posted it. Nehoo, I should stop bloggin, it's taking up so much time lol

1311_FayeL said...

I agree, books and reading are about perspective; the needs of the actual reader or user.

I think perspective is a good way of putting things, and it really applies to life in general as well :)

About Me

I am a voracious reader who enjoys a wide variety of books, from historical fiction, to biographies to mysteries. I am a children's librarian, and am surrounded by books all the time! I include children's literature in my book reviews since there is a wide appeal for children's literature, and because parents play a large role in their children's reading!