Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare

Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare
by Patricia Polacco

Monday, October 1, 2007

Bibliophile Bonanza!

Calling all bibliophiles of FIS 1311!

I would like to let everyone know of all the book sales which are happening at the University of Toronto as part of Bibliomania.

Most urgently, the Victoria College Book Sale is having its closing tomorrow morning (October 2nd) at 91 Charles St. West. From 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., you can buy an entire box of books for $10. I actually just bought two books there myself: about Eleanor Roosevelt and Anglo-Saxon cooking! Such related topics!!

Upcoming are the highly recommended (on my part) University and Trinity College book sales. These are held at 15 King's College Circle from October 12th to the 16th (UC), and October 19th to the 23rd at 6 Hoskin Avenue (Trinity). Finishing off the book sales round, the St. Mike's book sale takes place October 23rd - 27th at 113 St. Joseph St.

I encourage you to go and take a look! My last year's purchases included an autographed copy of Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cristina!
I just wanted to let you know that I think it's wonderful that you have such a passion for what you're studying. And I, too, love the Little Prince and Beatrix Potter (have you seen the movie?)! Please, continue to care so much about what you do, it's wonderful to see.

About Me

I am a voracious reader who enjoys a wide variety of books, from historical fiction, to biographies to mysteries. I am a children's librarian, and am surrounded by books all the time! I include children's literature in my book reviews since there is a wide appeal for children's literature, and because parents play a large role in their children's reading!