Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare

Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare
by Patricia Polacco

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Management Assignment Tip

I thought that the following tip might be useful to some of my colleagues who are working on their management papers for next week. You may find this to be a useful search strategy:

Once you have generated a list of potential author names for your references, go to Web of Science (an electronic index) and select "author search." Type in the author's last name and initial(s). You will eventually be lead to a page that lists the author's articles listed on the database, as well as options to find out how many times they have been cited, and where they have been cited.

Good luck!

1 comment:

Judith said...

Wow! I came to your blog to praise Patricia Polacco and got a great search tip! Thanks! I used to tape "Reading Rainbow" every day for my kids (we still have the videos and the binder with the lists of each show and tape #) and there were so many wonderful books that we'd then borrow from the library or buy! My daughter took "Mrs. Katz and Tush" into her Grade 12 Writer's Craft class last year when they were writing kids' books! I still cry at the end every time! And speaking of crying at the end, "A Prayer for Owen Meany" - need I say more!

Judy

About Me

I am a voracious reader who enjoys a wide variety of books, from historical fiction, to biographies to mysteries. I am a children's librarian, and am surrounded by books all the time! I include children's literature in my book reviews since there is a wide appeal for children's literature, and because parents play a large role in their children's reading!