Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare

Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare
by Patricia Polacco

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Little Earth Book

I did not preface this blog title with "Environmental Children's Books" since James Bruges' The Little Earth Book is meant for older readers, and addresses social issues in addition to environmental ones. I discovered it through the environmental course that I took last year -- part of the book was incorporated into the class reader, and I ended up purchasing the book itself once the class had ended.

This book is a great read. It may literally be described as a "pocketbook" since it truly is a small book. The Little Earth Book is made up of several 2-3 page essays which clearly and concisely depict current environmental and social issues, especially exploring activities reducing global warming.

Although it is a very worthwhile read, this book may be difficult to locate in large bookstores.

No comments:

About Me

I am a voracious reader who enjoys a wide variety of books, from historical fiction, to biographies to mysteries. I am a children's librarian, and am surrounded by books all the time! I include children's literature in my book reviews since there is a wide appeal for children's literature, and because parents play a large role in their children's reading!