Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare

Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare
by Patricia Polacco

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Environmental Children's Books

Last year, I took a really interesting course which studied contemporary society and its impacts on the environment. It really got me thinking about my own actions and their impacts on the environment. Since I am interested in becoming a children's (or youth services) librarian, I thought I'd put together a list of environmental books I have enjoyed for these age groups. I hope that this list continues to grow in future.



The book "We are the Weathermakers," by Tim Flannery is first on my list. I would recommend it for older middleschool or for high school readers. I read it, actually, coming out of last year's environmental class. This book addressed many of the same current issues that we discussed in class, especially regarding climate change, using clear, direct language. It is an excellent read.

No comments:

About Me

I am a voracious reader who enjoys a wide variety of books, from historical fiction, to biographies to mysteries. I am a children's librarian, and am surrounded by books all the time! I include children's literature in my book reviews since there is a wide appeal for children's literature, and because parents play a large role in their children's reading!