Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare

Rotten Richie and the Ultimate Dare
by Patricia Polacco

Friday, September 14, 2007

Beginnings!

Hi all!

This is my first year at FIS, and my first longterm blog! I'm interested in learning about children's reference and programming, and hope that this blog will become a forum discussing both children's librarianship and the role of technology in children's reference. I enjoy many activities, including reading, soccer and watching House. When I'm not in class or doing classwork, I can often be found at Hart House, volunteering for the Literary and Library Committee. This year, I am the Readings Coordinator, and am involved with scheduling readings from authors and playwrights.

Continue to check back for future posts, and if you have any recommendations for my reading list, be sure to let me know!

2 comments:

mohammad said...

Hi Tina,
Best of Luck at FIS. It was a nice blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina!
I am really happy to have met you. How serendipitous that we share 2 classes in common. Since you are so interested in Children's literature, may I suggest the Fairy Books edited by Andrew Lang? My favoutite is the Blue Fairy Book. My copy is old and tattered, but the woodcuts are beautiful, and the stories are truly enchanting.

About Me

I am a voracious reader who enjoys a wide variety of books, from historical fiction, to biographies to mysteries. I am a children's librarian, and am surrounded by books all the time! I include children's literature in my book reviews since there is a wide appeal for children's literature, and because parents play a large role in their children's reading!